Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Dog bites off woman's fingers in Sterling Heights

My dog bite my brother

The owner of the boxer mix was ticketed for harboring a dangerous animal, failure to restrain a dangerous animal and having an unlicensed dog, Sterling Heights police said. Because the boxer mix was not up to date with its rabies vaccinations, the owner agreed to have the dog euthanized so that it could be immediately tested for rabies, Lt. Luke Riley said. The victim was taken to Beaumont Hospital in Troy and her dog was taken to an emergency veterinary service for treatment of bites and lacerations to its shoulders and chest. The womans condition was not available Wednesday night and police did not know whether her dog survived the attack. According to police, the incident occurred at 8:40 p.m. in the 4800 block of Chadbourne Drive, where the victim was walking her Cairn terrier a breed whose average weight is 15 pounds and average height is 12 inches.
For the original version including any supplementary images or video, visit http://www.freep.com/article/20130821/NEWS04/308210178/Dog-finger-Sterling-Heights

Dog bites man - a lot

The tender prepared by the officials of the health and the sanitation wing and MC additional commissioner Sumeet Jarangal, was submitted to the commissioner RK Verma on August 16, after which he suggested some changes in the penalty clause of the tender. After this the tender was supposed to be floated by August 20, but in vain. An official of the health wing said that the commissioner had asked officials to re-structure the tender on August 16 and finally submit it by August 20. However, the tender is still waiting to get re-structured, as a result of which the stray-dog menace continues unabated. Amarjit Singh Sekhon, joint commissioner of the MC, said that tender would be submitted soon to the commissioner. In a meeting on August 16, several points were discussed between the officials and Verma, in which the issue of stray-dog menace was raised. The commissioner is serious in tackling the menace and has been making efforts since long to do away with the problem. Earlier, the MC had asked NGOs to extend help in sterilising stray dogs, but the civic body was surprised to know that there was no NGO registered with the Animal Welfare Board of India and capable of doing the task.
For the original version including any supplementary images or video, visit http://www.hindustantimes.com/Punjab/ludhiana/Dog-bite-cases-on-the-rise-but-MC-fails-to-settle-menace/SP-Article1-1112829.aspx

Dog-bite cases on the rise, but MC fails to settle menace

California New Member I have a dog he is now one and 4 months old , he is a pit bull ,when I saw him I felt in love with him he was only 1 month old when I brought him home , he is very clever and good dog , until 4 months ago he was very sick stomach problems and he was not normal that day me and my brother were sitting in the yard and he was sitting next to us , when my brother started to play with my hair and joking with me he didn't like it and came and jump on my brother ( I think he was warning him to stop it ) but my brother did it again and we were laughing and he jump again and bite my brothers leg and started to through out though he didn't eat well that day my mother came and pulled him away ! my brother (12 years old ) had a injury in his leg toke him 2 months to heal ! my heart was broken you cant imagine the vet told me to kill the dog because pit bull terrier are the worst dogs in the world and they are not loyal ! but I kept him because my parents didn't allow that to happen ! he is doing great know very well I found another vet for him he gave him the treatment he needed for his stomach , but I can't forget that day and I cant trust him as before ! and still I CANT give him to another family because I love him I can;t imagine my life without him ! am afraid that he might bite again any other person from my family is that possible ? I mean we are very careful now we don't joke in front of him he gets jealous when I kiss my brother and hug him !
For the original version including any supplementary images or video, visit http://www.petpeoplesplace.com/community/dog-behavior/119944-my-dog-bite-my-brother.htm

The number nearly doubled between the 2008 and 2012 fiscal years, hospital statistics show. While there are some exceptions, canine experts say the trend points to uneducated and inhumane actions by people, not mean dogs. Too often, owners unwisely try to stop dogfights by getting in the middle of them. In the most recent fiscal year, 328 people were admitted to the University of Arizona Medical Center for dog bites, the data show. Those admitted include both adults and children, and they are typically bitten by their own dogs, says Dr. Tolga Turker, a reconstructive and plastic surgeon at UA Medical Center who treats many dog-bite patients.
For the original version including any supplementary images or video, visit http://azstarnet.com/news/local/dog-bites-man---a-lot/article_6deea92e-8990-5cdd-98a5-f347371f14eb.html

No comments:

Post a Comment